Saturday 19 December 2009

I Really Love Christmas


I really do love Christmas and all that it means, giving, sharing and enjoying. I will admit to not being a practicing Christian, but almost my entire family are and do, nonetheless I haven’t forgotten what it means either as a Christian or as a decent member of society.

During this month, I have involved myself in as many local activities as I can possibly do in Brandwood.
Earlier in the month at The Brandwood Centre, I waited on tables for their Christmas Dinner and it was fantastic, everyone I spoke to enjoyed their meal and entertainment, congratulations to the team at the centre for all of their hard work, not just for the meal, but for the hard work they put in, week in week out.
Just over a week ago, I was with a large group of youngsters from The Den Youth Centre, who along with Santa’s sleigh went door to door collecting for the wounded solders at Selly Oak Hospital. I think almost every youngster who uses The Den turned out, what we had planned to take two and a half hours was done in an hour and a half.
The behaviour of the youngsters was admirable; they were a credit to Liz Wood The centre manager and to all of their parents. If anyone says to me that youngsters are just noisy and anti-social then they had better watch out, some youngsters are, but they are a small minority, most youngsters are decent and above all else caring.
Then it was off to the Bells Farm centre, where Syd and Dot along with a number of volunteers had built a Father Christmas grotto and on the Friday invited pre-school and reception class children to see Father Christmas. The hours spent decorating the outside of the farm house was nothing compared to Santa’s grotto, getting a present from him and being able to watch some cartoons.
Later on Friday evening Father Christmas was around Druids Heath again on his sleigh, meeting up with children, making sure that they had written letters to him and handing out sweets to those children who had been good or promised to be good up to Christmas Day.

Can I wish you all a Happy, Joyous and Peaceful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment