Saturday 11 April 2009

Speed Camera Stupidity

Now I for one, am not against speed cameras, particularly when they have been introduced they reduce traffic speeds and cut traffic accidents.
I was recently asked my opinions on the possible introduction of a speed camera on Alcester Road South, initially I was surprised, however given the number of complaints I've had from residents about speeding motorists on the dual carriageway just off the Maypole Island, I thought one here would be just right, as motorists coming off the Hollywood By-pass, they do tend to speed somewhat.

Imagine my amazement when I'm told that a report would be going to The Tory led Cabinet, outlining that a camera should be positioned outside Houses 852/854 Alcester Road South, this just where all the trees are in the picture below. One thing for certain is that each time the camera flashes, there will be a good close-up of some nice green leaves in the summer.

Needless to say, I've given my views and opinions, to which the officer I've sent them to was somewhat surprised of the evidence I sent, we now await the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment