Sunday 17 May 2009

Monyhull Refuse Collection

Now when you pay FULL Council Tax you expect to have a reasonable service from the council, refuse collected, road swept, roads repaired, light repaired and so on.
Most residents living within the new(ish) Monyhull Development all pay their FULL Council Tax, yet the only service which Birmingham council provides them is the removal of their household refuse, all because Birmingham Council hasn't as yet adopted the roads on this development, other than the first road in to the development and then only part of the way in.
So when the ONLY service which Birmingham Council provides, falls well short of what any resident in the City expects, no wonder they get annoyed, I would if this happened to me.

From the photograph you can clearly see that no care and attention has been paid to loading the black bags on to the back of the refuse lorry, leaving household rubbish strewn all over the road.
This I have taken up with Lifford Lane and I am presently waiting for a site visit to be arranged immediately after the crews have done their task.

Whilst we all from time to time complain about "dustmen", in general most of them do an exceptional job in often difficult conditions, however in this particular case they need calling to task, which I hope will happen sooner rather than later.
If you have a similar experience I would be most grateful if you would email me using this link, giving me as much detail as you can and I will see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment