Saturday 9 May 2009

The Mountaineer P.H.


Well this well known local landmark re-opened towards the end of April and don't the local residents know about it.

For two of the last three weekends, there has been the playing of very loud music with a deep base, all windows and doors open, at "closing time", the customers have been coming out of the premises on to the car park, with pint glasses of booze in hand and making such noise it has been enough to wake the dead all in the early hours.
A large number of residents in Ashburton Road and Listowel Road phoned me about the problems and I started to get the ball rolling. The first thing was to establish what types of licenses the premises had, imagine my surprise when I found out that in 2006 (well before I was elected the local councillor), that a music license which allows the playing of music till half past MIDNIGHT and drinking till 1:00 in the morning, was approved and for a pub in a residential area, turning it in to a virtual nightclub..
Well no wonder The Mountaineer has these licenses, I was told by resident after resident that when it went to the sub-committee Neville Summerfield represented them and they said he also spoke for the applicant!!!!!!!!
After my intervention, with License Enforcement Officers and a talk with our local Police last weekend was a little quieter, but I can't and won't take all of the credit, as Sgt Knowles had arranged for members of her team to make two strategic visits on Friday evening and the same on Saturday night.
Lets hope that this coming weekend is also quiet, I say this as both the "gaffer" and the premises owners Enterprise Inns had a very uncomfortable meeting with Police and Enforcement Officers on Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment