Thursday 15 January 2009

February 2008

PLANNING APPLICATION KINGS ROAD
There is a planning application in for the derelict land in Kings Road, which I've just had cleared of rubbish and that dreaded Knot-weed.
The plans for the area look quite exciting, however I've arranged a public meeting at The Hub Hazelwell, to allow all of the residents directly effected, to come along, here what is being planned, give their views to both the developer and architects and I will submit whatever comments come out of that meeting to Development Control.

The public meeting went brilliantly, it seems that no one else had even bothered to inform all of the residents about what was going on, other than those who know the system well.
Yes there were some criticism over the plans, but more about concerns over drainage & sewerage, than the housing itself.
Susan was brilliant, I think she took and wrote down every word spoken, the notes are almost verbatim. So it won't be too hard to send in a letter on behalf of those who attended as I promised them I would.



DERELICT LAND FENCED OFF
At long last it seems that the land at the top of Kings Road has been cleared of rubbish, that awful Japanese Knot weed and completely fenced off.
The number of complaints about this land, I've had, since being elected in September, is unbelievable.
Here we are, Susan and me, admiring the new fencing in Kings Road

No comments:

Post a Comment