Tuesday 9 November 2010

Toilet Demolition Alcester Rd South







As your local councillor I have worked tirelessly to obtain improvements to our area. I have just been informed that a planning application has gone in to demolish the old toilet block in Alcester Lanes End, opposite "The Knob" to build a THREE story building for a retail shop and flats

I would be amongst the first to want to get rid of this eyesore for local residents, but (and it’s a big but,)  this is clearly a case of over egging the pudding. The developer should consider reducing the overall height from three stories tall to get my full backing.
However at the end of the day it’s what the local residents’ want that I’ll be supporting.
Already my colleague and Labour Campaign Team Leader, Barry Henley has written to all of the residents directly affected by the proposals, to establish their views.
Use this link to the council to view the planning application form and drawings, you can also leave a comment. I would urge you also contact either me or Barry Henley as well.
http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning%20Applications%20On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=476316&XSLT=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/BirminghamNew/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning%20Application%20Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/BirminghamNew/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

No comments:

Post a Comment