Wednesday 8 December 2010

Hands Off My Occupational Pension

I make no secret of the fact that I'm now retired and working at politics, having spent all of my life in manufacturing.
Now I do have an occupational pension, I paid part of my salary in to the scheme for a little over thirty years and was then rewarded with a payment holiday. Thinking that I was doing all of the right things, in a very good scheme, which had been and I hoped would continue, which it did, pay a good pension. Now The Chancellor of the Exchequer, wants to interfere with my pension.
what he wants to do, it to force the pension fund trustees, to change my annual increase, normally based on "Retail Price Index" (RPI), to "Consumer Price Index" (CPI), simply because CPI is always much lower than RPI.
It's MY PENSION SCHEME, not his, he should keep his nose out of my business , if the scheme can afford to give me an increase based on RPI, then so be it. But no, he's bring forward an ACT of PARLIAMENT to ensure that all pension schemes, those in the public and like mine those in the private sector, only make payments increases based on CPI.
HANDS OFF MY OCCUPATIONAL PENSION MR OSBOURNE.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    Good to hear that you are still expressing your opinions in a forthright manner, even if they are politically misguided !

    However, since I have now been retired for over two years, and hope to have many years left, I do agree that the RPI is a more appropriate long-term measure of inflation for pensions.

    How has retirement been treating you?


    Best Regards,

    Steve Blakeway. (steve.blakeway@googlemail.com)

    ReplyDelete