Thursday 23 December 2010

Housing Emergency And Who Cares?




















I’m sitting in my favourite chair, seething. After taking an emergency call from residents, shortly after 6:00pm, all of them pensioners to do with a tower block, that has had a serious flood late this afternoon. The residents informed me they had phoned the problem in between 3:30 and 4:00pm, and were still waiting for some one, now it'll be  “The Emergency Duty Officer” to call on them and help sort out the seven floors that are flood damaged, with water leaking through electrics, down walls and all just before Christmas.

Having spent over 25 minutes on the phone myself to the call centre, which in itself is totally unacceptable, imagine if I was on PAYG it would have cost me a fortune. After speaking to the supervisor at the call centre I asked if the officer would call me or the residents, we’re both still waiting.
Just sent an email of to the senior management team of Housing, from The Strategic Director Downwards, I wonder when one of them will contact me or will it be the out of hours officer first?
Time now is 8:05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment